You're invited to join the John L Sullivan Chevrolet Preferred Owner Program
EASY TO JOIN
SERVICE & PARTS
EARN EVEN MORE
John L Sullivan Chevrolet's Preferred Owner Program is our way of thanking you for choosing John L Sullivan! As a member of our program, you have access to exclusive rewards and benefits available only to Preferred Owner Members. The program is FREE to join and EASY to use!
How the Program Works:
- Sign up to be a member of our Preferred Owner Program
- All new accounts come pre-loaded with Service Points to be used toward your next visit
- Earn 5% back in reward points when you purchase parts, purchase accessories, or service your vehicle at John L Sullivan Chevrolet
- Earn even more points by shopping online at your favorite retailer with Points Plus
- Spend points earned for service, parts or accessories at John L Sullivan Chevrolet
- Track the points you've earned and shop online using Points Plus
Already a member? Click above to log in, check your points balance, and to shop online with Points Plus
Points Plus Rewards Frequently Asked Questions1 What is the Preferred Owner "Points Plus" program?
Terms and Conditions
John L Sullivan Chevrolet GM Preferred Owner Program Updated February, 2017
The following document describes the terms and conditions on which John L Sullivan Chevrolet offers you access to and use of the John L Sullivan Chevrolet's Preferred Owned Program.
Overview of the Preferred Owner Program
- The Preferred Owner Program is a loyalty program sponsored by John L Sullivan Chevrolet by which owners can earn points toward future service and parts purchases.
- All points earned can be used at the John L Sullivan Chevrolet Dealership ONLY.
A. Participation in the Program
- Individuals who purchase a vehicle or have service performed on their vehicles, at John L Sullivan Chevrolet and who are at least 18 years of age are eligible.
- Employees, fleet customers and/or wholesale customers are only eligible to participate in the online purchase points program.
- Our Sales and Service departments offer the Program invitation to the customer in person.
- Participation in the Program constitutes each Preferred Owner's full and unconditional agreement to these Terms and Conditions.
B. Earning Program Points
- Points are earned in the following ways: Each service or parts transaction earns 5% of total customer dollars spent (excluding shop supplies and wholesale transactions) toward future service or parts transactions. You can also earn BONUS POINTS by shopping online at over 400 retailers through the customer portal in your online account.
C. Using Program Points
- Preferred Owners can use their service or parts reward points toward any future service, parts or sales transactions.
- Preferred Owners cannot use their sales reward points toward any service or parts transactions.
- 1 Program Point = 1 Program Dollar and 1 Program Dollar = 1 Program Point
- Points expire 2 years from the issue date.
- Program dollars have no cash value.
- Program dollars are non-transferable.
- Program dollars can only be used in the John L Sullivan Chevrolet Dealership.
- Returned items purchased with Program dollars will not be exchanged for cash. The returned item's program value will be returned to the preferred owner's account.
D. Modification and Termination of the Program
- John L Sullivan Chevrolet may modify any of the terms and conditions governing the Program - including, but not limited to, the methods through which points can be earned, how the Program can be used, the value of the earned dollars, at any time, without notice, even though these changes may affect the Preferred Owner's ability to use the points that have already been earned.
- The Program has no pre-determined termination date and may continue until such time that John L Sullivan Chevrolet may terminate the program at any time, with no notice given.
- The Preferred Owners continued participation in the Program constitutes the Preferred Owners acceptance of any changes made to these Terms and Conditions. The Preferred Owners are responsible for remaining knowledgeable as to any changes that John L Sullivan Chevrolet may make to these Terms and Conditions. The most current version will be available on the Preferred Owner's Website and will supersede all previous versions of the Terms and Conditions.
E. General Terms and Conditions
- Accrued Preferred Owner Dollars do not constitute property of a Preferred Owner and have no value outside of the program. Preferred Owner dollars are property of John L Sullivan Chevrolet and are credits that John L Sullivan Chevrolet may revoke at any time as set forth herein. Preferred Owner points may not be exchanged for cash, assigned, bartered, or transferred, except as set forth herein, and are not transferable upon death, as part of a domestic relations matter, or otherwise by operation of law.
- Each Preferred Owner is responsible for ensuring that the information in his/her account is accurate and kept current.
F. Limitation of Liability
- By participating in the Program, each Preferred Owner accepts all responsibility for, and hereby indemnifies and holds harmless John L Sullivan Chevrolet and each of the their related companies, General Motors, Maritz, and each such company's respective officers, directors, employees, shareholders, agents, and successors, and assigns the "Released Parties", from and against any claims that may arise from actions taken by such Member or for any unauthorized access to Preferred Owner's account from a third party.
- UNDER NO CIRCUMSTANCES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, NEGLIGENCE, SHALL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE LIABLE FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE PROGRAM. EVEN IF ANY OR ALL OF THE RELEASED PARTIES HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. THEREFORE SUCH EXCLUSIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF A PREFERRED OWNER PROVES THAT John L Sullivan Chevrolet HAS IMPROPERLY DENIED THAT PREFERRED OWNER EARNED POINTS, LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE EQUIVALENT AMOUNT OF EARNED DOLLARS. BY PARTICIPATING IN THE PROGRAM, A PREFERRED OWNER WAIVES ANY AND ALL RIGHTS TO BRING ANY CLAIM OR ACTION RELATED TO SUCH MATTERS IN ANY FORUM BEYOND ONE (1) YEAR AFTER THE FIRST OCCURRENCE OF THE KIND OF ACT, EVENT, CONDITION, AND OMISSION UPON WHICH THE CLAIM OR ACTION IS BASED. EACH PREFERRED OWNER SPECIFICALLY WAIVES ANY BENEFIT UNDER NEW JERSEY LAW PROVIDING A GENERAL RELEASE DOES NOT EXTEND TO UNKNOWN CLAIMS WHICH THE CREDITOR DOES NOT KNOW OR SUSPECT TO EXIST IN ITS FAVOR AT THE TIME OF EXECUTING THE RELEASE, WHICH IF KNOWN BY HIM WOULD HAVE MATERIALLY AFFECTED THE SETTLEMENT.
G. Legal Disputes.
1. Preferred Owners agree that any controversy or claim at law or equity that arises out of or relates to the Program ("Claims") shall be resolved in accordance with one of the subsections below, or as otherwise mutually agreed upon in writing by the parties.
- Arbitration. For any Claim (excluding Claims for injunctive or other equitable relief) where the total amount of the award sought is less than $10,000. Preferred Owners or John L Sullivan Chevrolet may elect to resolve the dispute through binding arbitration conducted by telephone, online, and/or based solely upon written submissions where no-in person appearance is required. Any judgment on the award rendered by the arbitrator may be entered in any court having jurisdiction thereof.
- Court. Alternatively, a court of competent jurisdiction located in Roseville, CA or where the defendant's is located may adjudicate any Claim. John L Sullivan Chevrolet agrees to submit to the personal jurisdiction of the courts located within the Township of Roseville, CA.
- Violations of Section G ("Legal Disputes") All Claims (excluding requests for injunctive or equitable relief) between the parties must be resolved using the dispute resolution mechanism that is selected in accordance with this Section by the party first to assert a Claim, either through a court filing or a commencement of arbitration. Should either party file an action contrary to this Section G, the other party may recover attorneys' fees and costs up to $1000.00, provided that the party seeking the award has notified the other party in writing of the improperly filed Claim, and the other party has failed to withdraw the Claim.
3. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is found to be invalid or unenforceable by a court of competent jurisdiction, such provision shall be severed from the remainder of these Terms and Conditions, which will otherwise remain in force.